Martina and Alberto - home activities #32

Noldus

3 minutes ago, philo said:

If a person makes up a story or tells a lie in a language that one does not understand, then will an accurate translation of that story or lie make the translation a truth?  What is the difference between a translator and an interpreter? One tells us what they said (preferably in quotes) while the other tells us what he/she thinks they meant.

I guess if anyone should make a post about lies and "interpretations," that person should be you. Because although people like Yelt and Jman say really stupid shit, at least they keep their lies on this thread. Whereas you say some of the most goofiest fucking nonsense in multiple threads and over 90% of it just wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I once told a person who spoke a different language to go fuck themselves. The interpreter told the person that I said "I don't like you". Later, the translator told me what the interpreter said that I said to the foreign person. That's what the movie "Lost in Translation" was all about.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, philo said:

If a person makes up a story or tells a lie in a language that one does not understand, then will an accurate translation of that story or lie make the translation a truth?  What is the difference between a translator and an interpreter? One tells us what they said (preferably in quotes) while the other tells us what he/she thinks they meant.

So are you accusing Martina, Alberto and all the other Spanish cast members of lying then...to totally mislead our translators (not interpreters)? Because that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting...

Sorry, but you're full of shit Phil...

• Like 5

Just now, miscvoyeur said:

I guess if anyone should make a post about lies and "interpretations," that person should be you. Because although people like Yelt and Jman say really stupid shit, at least they keep their lies on this thread. Whereas you say some of the most goofiest fucking nonsense in multiple threads and over 90% of it just wrong.

I notice that you give not one example to prove your point...You TROLL.

2 minutes ago, philo said:

I once told a person who spoke a different language to go fuck themselves. The interpreter told the person that I said "I don't like you". Later, the translator told me what the interpreter said that I said to the foreign person. That's what the movie "Lost in Translation" was all about.

But @emnv and @omedo aren't interpreting...The speak the same language so they're telling us what they actually say...although they are mostly lies, apparently...😏

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

So are you accusing Martina, Alberto and all the other Spanish cast members of lying then...to totally mislead our translators (not interpreters)? Because that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting...

Sorry, but you're full of shit Phil...

This was the question that you are not answering:

f a person makes up a story or tells a lie in a language that one does not understand, then will an accurate translation of that story or lie make the translation a truth?  What is the difference between a translator and an interpreter? One tells us what they said (preferably in quotes) while the other tells us what he/she thinks they meant.

45 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Why did you give me a confused emoji? My gif was an indication that there are some guys out there who moan on about not knowing what's going on. Then Spanish guys like @emnv and @omedo come along with translations about what IS actually going on, and these same guys accuse them of speculation...hence banging my head..

Unbelievable...😖

calm down again. My mistake, misunderstood your reaction. scon corrected .. apparently some are a bit nervous today ...

• Upvote 1

Just now, philo said:

This was the question that you are not answering:

f a person makes up a story or tells a lie in a language that one does not understand, then will an accurate translation of that story or lie make the translation a truth?  What is the difference between a translator and an interpreter? One tells us what they said (preferably in quotes) while the other tells us what he/she thinks they meant.

Chris Rock Reaction GIF

Ok, I'll answer the question...

No, the translation won't make it true if the original story was a lie...But if the original story was true, which I'm in no doubt all the conversation is, and 2 people from the same country understand it all...they're TRANSLATORS

So, I suggest again, you think Martina and the others are making all this shit up, otherwise why would `you have posed this ridiculous question...?

OK, I'm finished with this topic now...

Again this story of speculations, RLC, is made up of bored people and when nothing happens, as it has been happening for years now, they enjoy saying what people might do off camera, in my opinion the serious problem is that many people are living as if participants in RLC were their friends, remember, they are people paid to show their "real" life in front of the cameras, so they are just actors, poor, but actors, this does not take away from the fact that the boyfriend of Martina's friend should be given a memorable lesson

3 minutes ago, Adalbert said:

calm down again. My mistake, misunderstood your reaction. scon corrected .. apparently some are a bit nervous today ...

I'm calm my friend, I was just a bit puzzled and just assumed you'd got the wrong end of the stick judging from you're later posts. My 'unbelievable' was direct at the guys who think our translators are just making shit up...or Martina is lol :dodgy: