Benjamin (2021) Part #8

ed2

17 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Nightvision has really low contrast in that place... Very hard to see any details.

If no lights on I just avoid the room, their loss not mine I ain't that fucking desperate 😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Nightvision has really low contrast in that place... Very hard to see any details.

The cameras are too far away, there are only one or two good cam views in each room and when they are not close to them, it's hard to see anything whether it's NV or not. I am actually looking forward to their next relocation 😁

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I find the IR pretty good, probably is also dependant on any unwanted sources of light like windows.
the IR wasnt active on cam 6 as the LED flashing lights and the open bathroom door caused the NV-IR relay not to trigger due to excess light going to the IR sensors. what the paid cams were like i dont know....i presume same issue....IR not triggered due to excessive lights from LED flashing lights, so keep note that if there is too much light going into the light sensor the sensor wont trigger the IR relay and all you will get is normal 'day' viewing as what was seen on cam 6 next to bathroom door.

3 hours ago, photonic said:

I find the IR pretty good, probably is also dependant on any unwanted sources of light like windows.
the IR wasnt active on cam 6 as the LED flashing lights and the open bathroom door caused the NV-IR relay not to trigger due to excess light going to the IR sensors. what the paid cams were like i dont know....i presume same issue....IR not triggered due to excessive lights from LED flashing lights, so keep note that if there is too much light going into the light sensor the sensor wont trigger the IR relay and all you will get is normal 'day' viewing as what was seen on cam 6 next to bathroom door.

The question is sensitivity and processing. These are the cheapest home security cams Hikvision. Admins and VH need to start asking managers to buy new cameras with good sensors and sensitivity. There are 2021 year on calendar. VH still in 2014.😒 As long as shit cams from Aliexpress are allowed, all managers will buy them. And there will be no any quality. Light level transients will be terrible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, groomy said:

The question is sensitivity and processing. These are the cheapest home security cams Hikvision. Admins and VH need to start asking managers to buy new cameras with good sensors and sensitivity. There are 2021 year on calendar. VH still in 2014.😒 As long as shit cams from Aliexpress are allowed, all managers will buy them. And there will be no any quality. Light level transients will be terrible.

indeed they maybe cheap cams, but in my eyes they are OK...a lot better than cheapo tacky crap ive seen been tested and taken to bits in teardown videos. the project management aint going to risk paying top dollar for cams that could be broke either by accident or other means. its also highly unlikly they will update any for that reason, and the fact that things have gotten pricey due to componant shortages due to lockdowns and the whole pandemic situation. Camming up all the places including any new ones with new top whack cams will cost a fortune at best of times, with most cash flow going to participants & upkeep of servers, site host & upkeep of property (flats/houses) if they own the places.

13 minutes ago, photonic said:

indeed they maybe cheap cams, but in my eyes they are OK...a lot better than cheapo tacky crap ive seen been tested and taken to bits in teardown videos. the project management aint going to risk paying top dollar for cams that could be broke either by accident or other means. its also highly unlikly they will update any for that reason, and the fact that things have gotten pricey due to componant shortages due to lockdowns and the whole pandemic situation. Camming up all the places including any new ones with new top whack cams will cost a fortune at best of times, with most cash flow going to participants & upkeep of servers, site host & upkeep of property (flats/houses) if they own the places.

1) ~500$ in apt the difference. If we talked about 2-3 important cameras.

2) New sensor will give good picture in all modes.

3) Better positioning. Less requirements for distance and more.

4) 2/4K will require updating servers. However, best cams, even at 1080p (without infrastructure updates), will visually improve picture significantly. And also, if VH plans to work further, then 2/4K need to be introduced. Or they broadcast in current format in 2050?:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, groomy said:

1) ~500$ in apt the difference. If we talked about 2-3 important cameras.

2) New sensor will give good picture in all modes.

3) Better positioning. Less requirements for distance and more.

4) 2/4K will require updating servers. However, best cams, even at 1080p (without infrastructure updates), will visually improve picture significantly. And also, if VH plans to work further, then 2/4K need to be introduced. Or they broadcast in current format in 2050?:biggrin:

if your talking about 2 newer cams per property then yeah it maybe do-able. but unless you have the latest high speed internet yourself, anything over 1080 on live wont be viable and then there will be complains of buffering. not many can view live feeds at over 720 anyway, so 4k is a no no. VH will work well with what it has now...trust it 🙂 , as said most folks are only just able to view feeds at 720 - 1080 max without buffering thus is not just upto their servers or ISP....its the end user too that also has to have high speed internet and for most is pricey...that along with the monthly £20 sub to the site (more if they raise fee) fair mounts up when you got bills to pay.