Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

When Covid-19 is finally defeated is the time to look at the responsibilities for this virus and I think people will also look at the responses of their counties leaders and the actions they took to fight it, both right and wrong. This has had such a profound effect on peoples lives worldwide that people will want a reckoning.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, happyone said:

With the rational investigation that will continue, we know that Covid19 started in China, and we will at some point in time have enough facts to determine if it in fact started due to mishandling in one of the Chinese labs. 

I certainly think there will have to be a reckoning for China. There has to be if only for consolation for all the families that have and have yet to have lost love ones through no fault of their own.

8 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

When Covid-19 is finally defeated is the time to look at the responsibilities for this virus and I think people will also look at the responses of their counties leaders and the actions they took to fight it, both right and wrong. This has had such a profound effect on peoples lives worldwide that people will want a reckoning.

This whole discussion quickly leads to conspiracy theories. Some speak of the evil Chinese, others of evil Americans. I think this is pointless and misguided. 

More interesting is the question of how some of the responsible persons in governments and administrations could be so unprepared. To condemn those who, despite being in a powerful position, have long been belittling the virus.  That starts of course with people like Trump, but should not stop there. 

13 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

I agree...This virus isn't gonna just disappear off the face of the earth,and it's likely to raise it's ugly head again next year...I'd like to think we'll learn from this and we'll be better prepared...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I agree...This virus isn't gonna just disappear off the face of the earth,and it's likely to raise it's ugly head again next year...I'd like to think we'll learn from this and we'll be better prepared...

Looking at some of the "leaders" involved I am not so sure. Although some of them may not be around next year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I certainly think there will have to be a reckoning for China. There has to be if only for consolation for all the families that have and have yet to have lost love ones through no fault of their own.

So China had amended it's death toll today...:dodgy:

8 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

So China had amended it's death toll today...:dodgy:

Well it certainly ain't over yet in China. Without a vaccine I doubt if it ever will be at least in the near future. There is some doubt now if you even have immunity after having it?

7 hours ago, firewall said:

this is funny the China added +1290 new deaths few weeks later after all the critics they start to receive of the other countries since yesterday,

after this big crisis the economic relation will be different with the China for many countries i think, many will relocate their productions and it's a very good thing, the China will pay the bill at the end and not only us.

To be close to truthful they probably need to add another 0 to the end of that 1290 figure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

This whole discussion quickly leads to conspiracy theories. Some speak of the evil Chinese, others of evil Americans. I think this is pointless and misguided. 

More interesting is the question of how some of the responsible persons in governments and administrations could be so unprepared. To condemn those who, despite being in a powerful position, have long been belittling the virus.  That starts of course with people like Trump, but should not stop there. 

In 2015 the great Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York had an opportunity to purchase 16,000 ventilators at a bargain price but declined the offer.

11 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

In 2015 the great Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York had an opportunity to purchase 16,000 ventilators at a bargain price but declined the offer.

In 2016 you daft buggers elected Trump as president so looks as though everyone fucked up then 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4