Leora & Paul - General Chat Comments & Quotes (2017)

1 hour ago, lwis said:

Ok, guys, everything you wrote is very well said, but why am I not so (more) happy about it?
I hope this S O B (which she called him idiot this morning) goes to work at least next monday, and leaves this beautiful woman alone, who, it seems to me, be happier alone than accompanied with him.

This guy is like a leach. he sucks the life blood out of her, he has been doing it for so long now she probably doesn't realise it anymore. It seems like she always has to be on her guard when he is around, in case she says or does the wrong thing that will get him angry. I am not saying she is an angel without any faults, far from it, but she never deserves the lack of respect he shows her. He will not realise just how lucky he is, until one day he might wake up and she will be gone....then he might realise, although he is that arrogant he would blame her.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

This guy is like a leach. he sucks the life blood out of her, he has been doing it for so long now she probably doesn't realise it anymore. It seems like she always has to be on her guard when he is around, in case she says or does the wrong thing that will get him angry. I am not saying she is an angel without any faults, far from it, but she never deserves the lack of respect he shows her. He will not realise just how lucky he is, until one day he might wake up and she will be gone....then he might realise, although he is that arrogant he would blame her.

She must see something in him. She's still with him.  Most Girls would have thrown his arse Under the Bus log ago.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

She must see something in him. She's still with him.  Most Girls would have thrown his arse Under the Bus log ago.

She is probably scared of being alone....can't think of any other reason. Only a mother could love him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jimbo4 said:

She is probably scared of being alone....can't think of any other reason. Only a mother could love him.

There was a conversation in this forum a while ago that they both knew each other when they were teenagers.  Going along with the theme of the past few posts, as they've known each other for 10..12+ years (isn't Leora 26 yrs old?), there is a comfort level between the two that supersedes most everything else. In relationships, there are always compromises to make.  His lack of sex or general motivation takes a back seat to someone who she can trust and feels secure with.  If they both had to go out and earn a living to pay rent/utilities, we might see something different between the two.

But what the Hell do I know... :)

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Howard said:

There was a conversation in this forum a while ago that they both knew each other when they were teenagers.  Going along with the theme of the past few posts, as they've known each other for 10..12+ years (isn't Leora 26 yrs old?), there is a comfort level between the two that supersedes most everything else. In relationships, there are always compromises to make.  His lack of sex or general motivation takes a back seat to someone who she can trust and feels secure with.  If they both had to go out and earn a living to pay rent/utilities, we might see something different between the two.

But what the Hell do I know... :)

I don't think it's the lack of sex as much as he doesn't seem to bother about her satisfaction, only his, there is never much foreplay just a matter of wham bang thank you ma'am . The rest is about his general demeanor, she is polished and could be taken anywhere, whilst he you wouldn't invite in the first place. He really in all honesty brings very little to the table. And he just seems to control her more now than he used to. IMHO.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I don't think it's the lack of sex as much as he doesn't seem to bother about her satisfaction, only his, there is never much foreplay just a matter of wham bang thank you ma'am . The rest is about his general demeanor, she is polished and could be taken anywhere, whilst he you wouldn't invite in the first place. He really in all honesty brings very little to the table. And he just seems to control her more now than he used to. IMHO.

Those Mind Control Games only last for so long. Once she wakes up and see's there is light at the end of the tunnel, he'll be back sleeping in the Parents Basement.   :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

and, by the way ...what''s wrong with the dog? been acting very strange since they returned. usually never leaves leora's side. now almost seems to be avoiding her. could the dog have a case of "paulitis"? just saying...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, billycox said:

and, by the way ...what''s wrong with the dog? been acting very strange since they returned. usually never leaves leora's side. now almost seems to be avoiding her. could the dog have a case of "paulitis"? just saying...

If Eva grabs a pillow and 'bates' when Leora bates, then she's doing OK. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, billycox said:

Her behavior is most likely due to being boarded somewhere not of her liking while L and P went on vacation.

I tend to agree with Howard. I know that L&P have been together for a very long time.

I know that she considers Paul to be very intelligent, in a way she is not. Face it, he's and engineer, and she's an artist.

If he didn't know what he was doing with her, she would have left him along time ago. We all know she could attract any man she wants. Paul is what she wants in a man, and that's the simple fact.

She provides us with window dressing; that fulfills the rest of her needs.

I love the heck out of her. I would have dated her when I was a young man, but damn she would be scary to date and deal with. I can't imagine the emotional torture Paul has dealt with...but then again, I am not an engineer. I'm just a writer, who can't draw even a bunny, but I understand Schopenhauer.

I decided long ago that it was useless to understand Leora and Paul or their relationship with one another. They are still together, and I still have no understanding.

Paul must have a mystical power over Leora, just as she does over us.

• Upvote 1