Thoughts on Illegal immigration?

That's Canadian to start with. And...it's for a family of 5, not just one individual. 

C'mon Thes, don't do like a Demoncrat, spew truth.

That said, who the hell want to live in an Arctic tundra anyway? 

24 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

who the hell want to live in an Arctic tundra anyway

You're more than Welcome to come an visit anytime in the Winter Months.  A good sign to know when to come is when you see all the Snowbirds showing up in Florida and everything begins to smell like Urine from the over abundance of Seniors wearing their Depends Diapers.   :biggrin:

No thank you. But, I do thank you for the invitation. We know when Quebec opens it's borders. There isn't a cheap hotel to be had up and down the East coast, every WalMart parking lot is full of 5th Wheels and tag along campers, (free parking) and every waitress in any restaurant that you go into is ready to quit because the Frogs don't tip a cent.

This will all start the day after Halloween and it will last until Mothers Day.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 2:54 AM, Thestarider said:

Democrats should take head to the real truth:

i don't like groups who think they own words. What happened in the Nazi concentration was one of the worst (maybe the worst) crimes against humanity bu that does not alter the fact that there have been many other concentration camps throughout history. It's a bad thing whatever but given that a Trump led regime might not even turned up for WWII given their American First policy quoting this person seems strange. Does he object to Gaza being called a concentration camp? Maybe technically it isn't or maybe it is, but it would only be arguing semantics to say that it isn't. This kind of language is very emotive and I am not saying the Democrats are right to use it but such vehement attempts to control language does seem against free speech which I have always admired the US for standing for. 

I might have said this before but ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS ILLEGAL. Everybody knows that. Catch them and deport them. Asking for asylum is an entirely different case then you have to look at the merits of individual cases. Any attempt to deport asylum seekers on a general basis is clearly against human rights. It is annoying for the country having to deal with it because it costs money but I know the UK we are pathetic at dealing with it. We spend so little on it that children spend months maybe even a year in detention because we cannot be bothered to spend the necessary cash to reduce the backlog. Get the process of law to work quicker. It cannot be beyond the wit of governments to do this. The reason they don't is being petty minded officials think they are pleasing their bosses by working out schemes to save the government money. This has resulted in the absolute disgrace of the treatment of the West Indian Windrush generation which brought down a Home Secretary (although a lot of it was under the watch of Theresa May).

However I am sure it is not about saving money for 1 second as far as Trump is concerned. He thinks if I show what a bastard I am, not only will it discourage illegal immigration and asylum seekers (unlikely as genuine asylum seekers are fleeing for their lives) but more importantly appealing to a very nasty group on the right of politics.

I don't know how much money it would take to get the process running smoothly but I am guessing it would be a lot less than people think in general. It's like in the UK when the right wing press (I think we might have a very different press to the US) continually go on about welfare fraud when it is minuscule compared to the degree of tax fraud by individuals and almost invisible compared by the tax avoidance of the big companies. However it helps people hate which always sells papers! However showing immigrants in cages does not! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

They should put Dictator Trump in a Cage and see how he feels about it.   :biggrin:

I believe it was Obama who brought the cages in it may even have been earlier so you can't blame Trump for every dam thing as much as most want to. Don't get me wrong I am not a Trump fan but there does seem to be a Trump paranoia sweeping America and it ain't doing them any favours either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I believe it was Obama who brought the cages in it may even have been earlier so you can't blame Trump for every dam thing as much as most want to. Don't get me wrong I am not a Trump fan but there does seem to be a Trump paranoia sweeping America and it ain't doing them any favours either.

Trump wants to keep the Legacy going. It's on his shoulders. He's the Despot running the show.

18 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Trump wants to keep the Legacy going. It's on his shoulders. He's the Despot running the show.

It's a wonder they haven't blamed all the recent storms on Trump as that's how it looks to many people outside of the states lol. Sorry, being a bit facetious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They're looking for a way, believe me. To the leftists, Trump is the root of all evil. But you will never hear anything about the amount of good that is happening in the U.S. Nothing about the spike in the overall economy, people getting back to work, businesses putting the profits back into the businesses, the space program, etc... I can go on, but the realists among us open our eyes and look around. We see good things, things that create business and income. Those that are of Democrat persuasion that are reaping the benefits will never admit it. But it's the totals fools that just follow their shepherds and mimic every word that they say. It's easier to follow blindly then take the time to learn the real truth

• Like 4

We have similar sheep in UK, many say over here that if you put a red rosette on a donkey the stupid sheep would still try and vote the Labour Party into power and when they have succeeded they have to vote the Conservative Party back in next time to sort out the mess. Ideals are ok when they are spending other people's money but they never learn is the sad thing.