Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

6 minutes ago, blue is the colour said:

Hydroxychloroquine there no is evidence that this works... If taken to much serious problems occur like death.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-what-is-hydroxychloroquine-the-drug-trump-is-pushing-to-treat-covid-19-11970256

"There is no evidence that this works"  is a total and complete lie.  Also, if you drink too much alcohol it will kill you too.  Too much of almost anything will kill you. That's why drug dosages are prescribed by doctors.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alladino said:

The important thing is that not all participants need treatment. It may be that for people with mild syntoms, the danger from the drug is greater than the disease itself. 

Of course, when things become critical and no other option is available, alternatives will be used. But this already happens world wide without Trump needed so say a word about it. I do not understand why these decisions cannot be left to the experts. Why does Trump have to get involved in these things?  

I consider the doctors who have been treating people with this drug and observing positive results to be part of the "experts".

17 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I consider the doctors who have been treating people with this drug and observing positive results to be part of the "experts".

Then you're wrong, a doctor can be an expert, but he doesn't have to be. 

Even the observation of a positive result does not automatically make him an expert, since, as already mentioned, most Covid-19 cases result positive. Systematic studies provide an objective view. That is why they are so important. 

They better come to some resolve soon in the US or they're going to have more of a problem than just coronavirus.  Hurricane season is creeping closer and if all these people that hunkered down indoors ever have to be evacuated where are they going to place everyone if they have a Socially Distancing Order in place. It will be physically impossible to keep everyone 6 feet apart from one another.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Even the observation of a positive result does not automatically make him an expert, since, as already mentioned, most Covid-19 cases result positive. Systematic studies provide an objective view. That is why they are so important. 

The term "expert" is meaningless.  It's subjective. Who determines which person is an expert?  

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hey Moos, how are you making out with this whole messy situation?  To answer your first question. he didnt say to jump off a bridge, and I suppose there would be a few idiots who would. He did say if you and your doctor think it could help, listen to you're doctor. Doctors around the world are saying they're getting some positive results. No one said  , I'm going to call it HC for short. No one said that HC, or  any other medication was a cure for covid. Amd You cant just :leave your house" and get some. You need to talk to a doctor and get a script to get it. If my Mom was dying from complications from covid, I would plead for my doctor to get some HC. I'm not sure where you get your info from, but it's mostly incorrect. 

My information comes from the French written media which have no political bias, they relate only the information in relation to the covid, the problem comes from the fact that Trump speaks can be much too much on twitter and that these remarks can be misinterpreted

There has already been at least one death because of this, all because he heard that chloroquine could save his life, so he went to buy it like many others, because chloroquine is present in aquarium cleaning products

So no I do not think that all my information is incorrect, quite the contrary

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Go tell someone dying from covid-19 that we need to do a systematic two year study on a promising drug before we can treat him with it.

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

Go tell someone dying from covid-19 that we need to do a systematic two year study on a promising drug before we can treat him with it.

Already answered:

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

The important thing is that not all participants need treatment. It may be that for people with mild syntoms, the danger from the drug is greater than the disease itself. 

Of course, when things become critical and no other option is available, alternatives will be used. But this already happens world wide without Trump needed so say a word about it. I do not understand why these decisions cannot be left to the experts. Why does Trump have to get involved in these things?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moos54 said:

My information comes from the French written media which have no political bias, they relate only the information in relation to the covid, the problem comes from the fact that Trump speaks can be much too much on twitter and that these remarks can be misinterpreted

There has already been at least one death because of this, all because he heard that chloroquine could save his life, so he went to buy it like many others, because chloroquine is present in aquarium cleaning products

So no I do not think that all my information is incorrect, quite the contrary

"he went to buy it like many others"? Show me proof that many others did what he did. Also, you cannot obtain hydoxychloroquine without a doctor's prescription. The guy who drank the aquarium cleaner was a fucking idiot. All he had to do was to read the warning label on the bottle and he would have known not to drink it. So if a beer company advertises beer on tv, and I go out and drink 3 six packs of their beer and die of alcohol poisoning it's the beer companies fault? 

When all you medical experts have come to a decision and a solution for this virus perhaps you would be so kind as to let us and the rest of the world know as I am sure it would be appreciated. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

When all you medical experts have come to a decision and a solution for this virus perhaps you would be so kind as to let us and the rest of the world know as I am sure it would be appreciated. 👍

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just really upset about Trump. 

• Like 3