What do you think about the new CC rules from 1. September?

Noldus

What do you think about the new CC rules from 1 September.  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new CC rules from 1. September?

• They are hopeless, I want the general threads back under each apartment
    • They are ok, It's much better now
    • I do not care how it is

5 hours ago, Thestarider said:

I would ask why you and so many others don't even give it chance ? You have already made up your minds in just 12 hours, How about try it out for a week or two or maybe even a month, and then come back here and we will see what happens then. Everyone hates to change anything in their lives, and we went through this very same thing when the general chats were created, LOL the more things change the more they stay the same.

Time will tell if it will fail for the third time trying it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARMY SNIPER said:

Some of my best memories as a kid was with my Dad and one of my uncle's was going fishing,get to the river before daybreak ,load the boat and go fishing .stay until almost dark and then head back home .there was one other thing that i liked was going to dirt track car racing . Ah! the Memories.           Good Times Memories GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Good memories ARMY!  Can anyone not have a good time fishin,?  I still go out with him on opening day, missed it this spring for the first time probably in 15 years. My second like was going to the range with my Dad, his main thing to teach in the begining was safety.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ARMY SNIPER said:

Some of my best memories as a kid was with my Dad and one of my uncle's was going fishing,get to the river before daybreak ,load the boat and go fishing .stay until almost dark and then head back home .there was one other thing that i liked was going to dirt track car racing . Ah! the Memories.           Good Times Memories GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Hey Snipe, breaking the rules already tut tut, should have made a fishing topic this isn't general chat now you know :biggrin: & Harley lol

• Haha 3

Il y a 17 heures, HarleyFatboy a dit :

What you fail to understand is that forum members could always create a new topic (unless I missed something over the years) in any of the apartment threads. Then came along the General Chat topic under each apartment and people started using it for all their communications for said apartment.  In the General Chat everything was in one place and easy to keep up with instead of searching multiple topics trying to find what you were looking for.  Anyone could still create a new topic if so desired and like Mr. Chili sir as you referred to him as, told you they tried this a year ago or two and it didn't work then and it's not going to work now.

I fully agree with you, I find the new cc concept incomprehensible !!!! the general discussion allowed to group all the discussions on a single thread, whereas now we will have to open hundreds of different threads for each apartment? !!! we will therefore have to look in all the threads, the subject we want to talk about, and if we can't find it, open a new thread !!! if there is a thread "gina made a bicycle", it will take another thread to say "irma made a pizza"? !!!! and another to say that milena is in the shower? !!! the cc server should quickly overheat, under the weight of hundreds of little threads to create in a few weeks !!!! or else I misunderstood, explain to me ...🙄😵

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Mauri said:

how long does it take the admin to understand that general chat is better? maybe the moderators might suggest that this change is a failure, since members are not listened to

Couldn't agree with you more

• Like 3

As an RLC user, you have a relatively high threshold for frustration
If RLC is making "improvements" the general thread was a good opportunity to speak to the community here and get rid of at least some of the anger. now there is no longer a clear line, everyone writes somewhere, but where?
cc takes this base from us why?
cc makes "improvements" for whom? Not for the forum users!
one can only speculate who this advantage will serve.......

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

and i want to add: the advantage of this general thread is it's was a good resume of the day per rlc apartment (simple to find and simple to read), don't need to read 10 useless topics before for get the informations you want

it's the choice of the Admin to try this but for my part i really hope the general thread will return soon, the general thread was fine for many members here.

the major problem is rlc is dead right now because of the lack of updates this is why there is less comments or activity on camcaps

and camcaps is a small community too

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Good memories ARMY!  Can anyone not have a good time fishin,?  I still go out with him on opening day, missed it this spring for the first time probably in 15 years. My second like was going to the range with my Dad, his main thing to teach in the begining was safety.

A Bad day while fishing is still better than a good day at work.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

There was this guy that asked me if i liked to fish (silly question ) and i told him that there was Only two people that i knew of that liked to fish as good or better than me and i was Both of them.      

• Like 1
  • Haha 2