Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

I once input data for a large database of deaths, dating back to the 1850's. This included deaths from polio (really scared parents in the 50's), scarlet fever, smallpox, measles (deadly sucker there- surprisingly), cholera, and infections from simple cuts. Plague existed in North America, but not to the same extent as it had in Europe and the rest of the world. My data also included "kicked in the head by a cow," "fell off a train" and much later, in the 1920's, it became "died in an automobile accident." Other data input included mentions of several hundred unknown people when the boiler on their steamship exploded.

I can tell you where many of these fellow humans are buried.

All of your ancestors kept moving forward, and survived long enough to create you. That's ten points in your favor.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, happyone said:

Of course not, but I do not know of anywhere that this is the case---If you own your home free and clear choosing not to buy homeowners insurance is your prerogative,  but it is not if you have a mortgage--you are normally required to have insurance on the structures to cover the lienholder, but normally a person buys homeowner's insurance that covers also liability and contents and other losses.

BTW--what does this have to do with the current conversation about medical insurance???

absolutely true!  absolutely not true! required but not a must!  usually purchased by people that can't or don't want to save as much as they can!  My oldest brother doesn't and never has carried home owners insurance and has saved thousands and thousands of dollars over the years because of it.  if he needs something done to his house or houses he has owned in the past, everything has come out of pocket and he has still saved a boat load of money!!

P.S.  this is the last thing I will say on this thread so save your breath!!!

6 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

You know whats funny about Intercourse PA. By the name you would think a bunch of sex fiends live their. With crude men proclaiming theyre going to " f the piss" out of their wives Its actually inhabited by the Amish who ride in horse and buggies, have no electricity, and probably have very proper sex in the dark in the missionary position only, with their religious men saying instead they will "intercourse the urine" out of their women

Doesn't look like you're gonna be missing much then Dave...😉

• Haha 3

Dave, I hope that you can get your deposit returned. 90% of the attractions are still closed in the Orlando area. Only one Disney property opened last week and it has all of these ridiculous rules in place. If you want to come to Florida and wing it as it comes at you, you may have a grand time. Hotels are almost empty, so no worries about lodging, the beaches are opening, smaller attractions in the local areas are begging for people to visit. The Keys have opened back up to tourism. Rental cars are in abundance of any size. Cash is king and it can buy you some god deals over the use of credit cards. Even for those of us that live here.

But if you have your heart set on trudging around in 100F heat with like humidity in Orlando you may be disappointed. Keep close contact with Disney's websites and your travel professional.

If worse comes to worse, you can always visit, Hell, Michigan. 😉

• Like 3

Anyone thinking of having a holiday this year at least would be better advised I think to stay home and save a shed load of money imo. Nowhere is safe at least for this year until we all have a clearer picture of how things will improve for everyone's health. Not saying you shouldn't have a holiday but we all have to weigh up whether it would be worth it and the risks involved. In the end it's up to the individual.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Anyone thinking of having a holiday this year at least would be better advised I think to stay home and save a shed load of money imo. Nowhere is safe at least for this year until we all have a clearer picture of how things will improve for everyone's health. Not saying you shouldn't have a holiday but we all have to weigh up whether it would be worth it and the risks involved. In the end it's up to the individual.

Wise words young Robwin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squish said:

Am fine. Are you still subless and proud of it?

Well must admit after about 18 months i did sub for this month  (mad moment lol)  but soon got bored i must admit so only a week left and then i am out of it.